Bibliography of Coverdale's Bible
Bible, 1535. Miles Coverdale, Biblia. The Bible, that is, the holy Scripture of the Olde and New Testament, faithfully and truly translated out of Douche and Latyn into English. Cologne, 1535.
In the New Testament Coverdale's Bible is a revision of Tyndale 1534, on the basis of the Latin Vulgate and Luther's German version.
- Facsimile editions by S. Bagster, 1838, 1847.
- Coverdale Bible, 1535. With an Introduction by S. L. Greenslade. (Facsimile) Kent: Dawson, 1975.
- Memorials of the Right Reverend Father in God Myles Coverdale. London: S. Bagster, 1838.
- George Pearson, ed., Remains of Myles Coverdale, Bishop of Exeter. Cambridge: University Press, 1846.
- Francis Fry, The Bible by Coverdale. London: Willis and Sotheran, 1867.
- William Dallmann, Miles Coverdale. St. Louis, MO: Concordia Publishing House, 1925.
- James F. Mozley, Coverdale and his Bibles. London: Lutterworth, 1953.
- Francis Fry, A Description of the Great Bible, 1539 and the Six Editions of Cranmer's Bible, 1540 and 1541 ... London: Willis and Sotheran, 1865.
- H. R. Willoughby, The First Authorized English Bible and the Cranmer Preface. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1942.
- John Howell, ed., A Leaf from the First Edition of the First Complete Bible in English, the Coverdale Bible, 1535: With an Historical Introduction by Allen P. Wikgren and a Census of Copies Recorded in the British Isles and North America Compiled by John Howell. San Francisco: Book Club of California, 1974.