Confessional Interpretation of the Bible:
General Resources on Interpretation:
- How to Study the Bible by Dr. James Stalker
- Ten Steps to Biblical Literacy by Michael Marlowe
- Quotations on Bible Study, by various authors
- Tolle Lege - Take Up and Read! The story of Augustine's conversion
- On Commenting & Commentaries, by Charles H. Spurgeon.
- How to Read the Bible, by Charles H. Spurgeon.
- Why People Find the Bible Difficult, by A. W. Tozer
- Exposition Must Have Application, by A. W. Tozer
- The Protestant Doctrine of the Perspicuity of Scripture
- Understanding the Bible as an Inspired Text.
- Marking the Watershed, by Francis A. Schaeffer
- The Interpretation of Scripture, by J.I. Packer
- Annotated Bibliography of Interpretation
- Jewish Interpretation. A brief introduction to the traditional Jewish approach.
- Quotations on Biblical Interpretation
- The Use of Cross-References
- Misinterpretation of Scripture by Early Heretics. An extract from the Stromata of Clement of Alexandria.
- Irenaeus on ‘the treasure hid in the Scriptures’
- New Testament Use of the Old Testament, by Roger Nicole.
- Should we employ the hermeneutics of the New Testament writers? by Dan G. McCartney.
- Some Observations on Biblical Interpretation and Slavery.
- The Israel of God (Galatians 6:16).
- The Meaning of the Phrase ‘in Christ’.
- The Kingdom of God is Within You (Luke 17:21).
- Interpretation of 1 Corinthians 11:2-16.
- The Translation of the Tetragrammaton.
- Interpretation of the word λόγος in the prologue of John's Gospel.
- Grace (χαρις) in the New Testament.
- חֶסֶד in the Old Testament.
- Righteousness (צְדָקָה and δικαιοσύνη) in the Bible.
- Covenant (ברית and διαθηκη) in the Bible.
- The Only Begotten (μονογενης) Son
- Anthropomorphisms and their Meaning, by Ludwig Köhler.
- Anti-Judaism in the New Testament.
- Translation Theory and Methods. Several essays and documents on the subject, and an annotated bibliography.
- Biblical Greek. Several essays on the subject, and a bibliography.
- Typology. Articles on the mysterious symbolism of the Old Testament.
- Hell. Articles and Sermons on the subject.
- Ecclesiology. Articles and Sermons on the subject.
- Articles on interpretation at other sites. More than 50 links.
- Theological resources on other sites. More than 60 links to different kinds of theological sites.